1. what time is it when20 dogs are after l cat? ___________
2. when should you kick(踢) a birthday? ___________
3. what room has no walls, no doors, no floors and no windows? __________
4. why can’t your nose be twelve inches long? ___________
5. it is yours, but others use it more than you do. what is it? ___________
6. what has a bed but never sleeps? ___________
7. which travels faster, heat or co1d? ____________
8. what five-letter word has six left when you take two away? ___________
9. what is the end of everything? ____________
10. there are three men on a train. mr a speaks english and chinese. mr b speaks
french and english. mr c can only talk with mr a. what language does mr c speak?
11. what is it that can carry a message to anybody in any town? ___________
12. what is it that, when once lost, you can never find again? ___________
13. what is it that we never borrow but often return? ___________
14. what never asks questions but gets a lot of answers? ____________
15. what walks all the time but never leave his place? ____________
16. what hands never hold anything? ___________
17. it has a mouth, but never speaks; it has bed, but never sleeps on it. what
is it? ___________
no.3 is space room.
no.5 is name.
no.6 is gum.
no.7 is cold.
no.8 is sixty.
no.9 is results.
no.10 is chinese.
no.11 is mobile.
no.12 is time.
no.13 is life.
no.14 is teacher.
no.15 is clock.
no.16 is handrail.
no.17 is bodhisattva.
18. today is monday. jim got to beijing last wednesday. john got there two days
earlier than jim. on what day did john go to beijing? (last monday)
19. what has two legs but cannot walk. (a pair of trousers)
20. bob’s uncle was a three-bottle man. (大酒徒)
21. take it easy, my boy. it isn’t dangerous at all. (别紧张)
22. it will be all right before you know it. (很快)