1．tom as well as his parents_______going to japan next week.
a. are b. is c. will d. was
2. if most breadwinners _______ a day’s pay to the hope project, then it will be hopeful.
a. leave b. present c. donate d. give
3. the reason ___ he can’t come is ______ he has to work late.
a. because; that b. that; that c. why; that d. why; because
4. all flights___ because of the snowstorm, we decided to take the train.
a. were canceled b. had been canceled
c. having canceled d. having been canceled
5. mother gave me XX yuan, most of _______ used for my school fees.
a. them were b. those were c. that was d. which was
6. according to a recent u.s. report, children spent up to 25 hours a week _______ tv.
a. watching b. to watching
c. to watch d. watch
7. the plane flew_______ in the sky and the people spoke_______ of the experienced pilot.
a. highly, highly b. high, high c. high, highly d. highly, high
8. it was the first time in my life _______ i had experienced the uk.
a. when b. that c. since d. who
9. ----why didn’t you see me wave to you then ?
----oh, if so. i must say sorry. i think i____ in the other direction.
a. looked b. was looking c. have looked d. am looking
10. when ____about his family, he is always refusing to answer.
a. asked b. asking c. being asked d. mentioned
11. there is no need ______ because mr. smith is still sleeping.
a. to hurry b. hurrying c. hurry d. hurried
12. i was not _______her presence till she spoke to me.
a. aware b. aware about c. aware of d. aware to