unit 1 festivals around the world
period 6 using language: speaking and writing
this is the sixth teaching period of this unit. the teacher can first check the homework, let students review what they learned in the last lesson and then lead in the new lesson.
in this period, teaching activities will focus on speaking and writing, which belongs to knowledge extension of this unit. especially, the writing offers students the opportunity to imagine the story a sad love story and to use their own ideas to change the ending. the practice of creative or imaginative writing is important for students to use the vocabulary and structures they have learned. this is also a best way to test if students have mastered what they have learned. encourage them to think of how they would feel in a similar situation or how they might imagine alternatives. they can reflect on stories that they know or have seen in films if they wish.
writing is a higher stage of language learning. the teacher should frequently give students some assignments of writing. only in this way, can students use what they have learned more freely.
1. develop students’ speaking and writing abilities.
2. get students to use their own ideas to change the ending of a story.
1. let students create a new festival and make a short report about it.
2. how to develop students’ writing ability.
1. get students to learn more about festivals.
2. let students know how to change the ending of a story.
1. train students speaking ability, especially talking about festivals.
2. develop students’ writing ability to change the ending of a story.
1. stimulate students’ love of national culture and customs.
2. train students’ ability to cooperate with others.
→step 1 revision
1. check the homework exercises.
2. ask students to translate the following sentences.
5)李方动身往家走, 心里想: “我想胡谨是不爱我了, 把这些鲜花和巧克力都扔了吧, 我可不想因它们想起她来。”于是他就这样做了。
6)在回家的路上, 他神情失落地走过拐角处的一家茶馆, 忽然听到有人喊他, 那是胡谨在向他招手。
three students are asked to the front. they have two sentences each and write their answers on the blackboard. the others translate the sentences with the textbook closed. check the answers after most of them finish.
keys for reference: