unit 10 学案
fill in the blanks according to the first letters.
1、the u.s.a u________ iraq to give up i _________
2、the terrible sight made her hair stand on e________.
3、he was t________ at the terrible accident yesterday.
4、he b_______ himself in the country.
5、mother are b______ the baby.
6、s________ is a kind ship which is driven by steam.
7、a ______is powders（粉末）that after something has burnt.
8、f_________ means running or hurrying away from some place.
9、i always keep a dictionary at h________.
10、i left the station she went on b________ the train.
答案：1 urged\ immediately 2 end 3 terrified 4 buried 5 bathing 6 steamship 7 ash 8 flee 9 hand 10 board
1 observe v
(1) she observed his actions with interest.
(2) his neighbor observed a thief climbing out of the of his house.
(3) the thief was observed to enter the bank.
(4) he observed that it had suddenly grown much cold.
2 danger n 抽象名词表示具体化事物，surprise cold pleasure pity failure worry success honor beauty wonder interest knowledge.
a busy street is a danger to children.
comparison ① he is in danger ② he is dangerous.
eg: one way to understand thousands of new words is to gain _______ good knowledge of basic word formation.
a. / b. the c. a d. one
3 threat n carry out a threat to sb
be a threat to sb’s life
threaten vt threaten (not) to do sth
threaten sb (not) to do sth
threaten sb with death
(1) there was the__________ of typhoon.
(2) american actions _________ world peace.
(3) the thief _______him not to cry for help.
(4) he threatened me with a gun.
(5) they threatened that they would make it public.
4 reduce v
(1) the company has reduced the price by 10 percent.
i bought this shirt because it was reduced from﹩20to﹩10 .
n: reduction: at a reduction of 10 percent
make a reduction
5 hit ① the area used to be hit by flood.
② a powerful earthquake hit the small city.
③ the death of his son hit the old man hard.
④ john hit his head on\against the door.
⑤ tom hit him on the nose.