the tang poems
reading and writing
目 标 1. get ss to learn about the power of poetry
2. get ss to learn to write a poem.
重 点 how to write a poem
过 程 step1. lead in
read the title and predict what this passage will tell us.
step2. read the passage quickly and get the main idea of each paragraph.
step3. pair work
read the passage and answer the questions.
1. why do people want to write poetry?
2. what is poetry therapy?
3. what kind of people can poetry therapy help?
4. in what ways can poetry help people?
5. what problems do the students at a special school in dudley have?
6. how does writing poetry help the students?
7. how does the book of students’ poetry help the local community?
step4. language study
1. poets use language as a way of expressing their feelings, whether positive ones of love, happiness and hope, or negative feelings like anger and fear.
※ whether …or… “无论…还是…” ，常用于引导主语从句、宾语从句、状语从句。
※ whether he stays or leaves makes no difference to me.（主语从句）
※ whether he succeeds or fails, he has to do his best. （状语从句）
※ we haven’t decided whether to take train or fly to xishuangbanna. (宾语从句）
2. by writing down your feelings, you can learn to understand yourself and give yourself a voice.
※ by prep. 表示通过某种方式
by getting up early, i can have an hour for reading english in the morning.
※ give oneself a voice 袒露/喊出自己的心声
3. for children, it is a good way to explore language and have fun with words as well as to express themselves.
※ a good way (for sb.) to do sth. 做某事的好途径
※ tv is a good way for us to entertain ourselves.
※ have fun with sth. 从…中得到乐趣
little children like having fun with water.
step 5 writing
1. read the poem and complete the lines with the rhymes in the box.
2. write a poem beginning with i wish.
use the poem in activity 3 as a model.
study the phrases beginning with i wish… and if only…
think of your own wishes.
keep your poem short－not more than eight lines.
try your best to use rhyme.