a. to make b. having made of c. making of d. made of
14. please wait . the coins from your savings-box by that machine .
a. were counted b. were being counted
c. are being counted d. have counted
15. “ your good work ,” she says .
a. keep on b. keep up c. keep out d. keep off
16. the authorities are your complaints .
a. looking over b. looking into c. looking out d. looking down
17. the boss was dissatisfied with the office early last week-end .
a. his leave b. he left c. his leaving d. he leaving
18. she has a beautiful face she takes great pride .
a. which b. in which c. of which d. to wich
19. at first jane found .
a. chinese difficult to be spoken b. chinese difficult to speak
c. it difficulty to speak chinese d. her difficult to speak chinese
20. the tiger is still very cruel though it has been shut in the cage for two years . we must .
a. keep to it b. keep it up c. keep it out d. keep off it
life was beginning to make linda feel 1 . london sometimes seemed too noisy and dirty . at times she felt very lonely . but now there was something 2 . there were words going
3 that the ebc was in money trouble , and would have to 4 the number of jobs . linda knew that since she had been one of the 5 hired , she would probably be one of the first 6 . then , one friday afternoon , she was told that wilson wanted to see her . her heart 7 . people always got 8 just before the weekend .