Unit 2 Growing pains学案
again [ә’gein] [ә’gen ]
clerk [klə:k] [klα:k ]
dance [dæns ] [ dα:ns]
she has an interesting book she has got an interesting book.
read the sentences and express what the colloquialisms mean.
1.though you are busy, could you just lend me an ear for a moment?
2.if huston rockets can win this basketball game by twenty points, i will eat my hat.
3.i have never expected lily to act as cool as a cucumber in the traffic accident.
4.all the family members come to persuade jim to change his idea, but he is as stubborn as a mule.
5.as a green hand , robert nearly drove into the grocery on roadside.
6.because tod failed in his maths exam, he was as quiet as a mouse when his father scolded him.
fill in the blanks by using the following colloquialisms.
lend me an ear eat my hat a no-brainer a wet blanket
pull my leg green fingers rain cats and dogs green hand
make a mountain out of a molehill as quiet as a mouse
1.kate, don't be_______________ at the party. let's dance together.
2. alice: can you tell me what this sentence means?
tim: this one? oh, it is _________________. i can tell you.
3. jim, when i explain the language points ,you should _________________.
4. rob is always late for school. if he can arrive at school on time today, i will________________.
5. mum; oh ,you got wet all over .how is it ,daniel?
daniel: mum, don’t you know it ___________________ on my way home?
bob: hey ! ellen, you got an a for your history exam.
ellen: don’t _____________ . are you serious?
7. look at mr. smith’ garden. he has_____________.
8. boss: who is that dull boy? he even doesn’t know where his office is.
manager: this is his first day here. he is a _____________ .
9. eric: shall i stay in hospital for several days?
doctor: don’t _______________________________. you just got a fever.
10.teacher: boys and girls, when you are reading in the reading room ,you should remain____________________. are you clear?