1. rada never achieved her a______ of becoming a famous writer.
2. sally likes to walk around in b______ feet on the beach.
3. the remote desert area is a______ only by helicopter.
4. the girl noticed the old lady wipe her face with a h______.
5. one of his novels has been a______ for television.
6. ralph was d______ in the war; he lost his left arm.
7. caroline will be in charge of this department during my a______.
8. most of the chinese people are not satisfied with our automobile (汽车) i______.
9. martin’s constant joking was beginning to a______ her. she felt unhappy.
10. many colonies (殖民地) in africa became i______ nations in the 1950's.
11. every e______ should be given to children especially when they are in trouble.
12. great expectations is one of the great works of english l______.
13. unless we receive more financial (财政的) a______, the hospital will have to close.
14. the beggar spent a lot of time with his dog, who became his closest c______.
15. we c______ her on having come first in her exams yesterday.
16. the play is a r_____ success. it has been on for 10 years on end.
17. a birth c______ gives the official facts about your birth.
18. if you are afraid of losing your d______, you can’t expect to learn to speak a foreign
19. c______ service refers to service that a person performs for the benefit of his or her local
20. cycling is highly b______ to health and the environment.
1. after a long journey, what issac d______ most was a good rest.
2. the work was done to his own s______, but in my opinion it was badly done.
3. when she was aware that the situation was very dangerous, edna decided to set off the
4. rose is a shy girl—she’s usually e______ in the presence of strangers.
5. camila s______ the wrinkles (褶皱) out of the tablecloth before she laid the table.
6. i told the doctor about my pains but i didn’t get much s______ from him.
7. the word “e______” is used to describe people who are attractive and graceful in their appearance and behaviour.
8. since you are not familiar with this area, i’ll a______ you to your hotel.
9. wood was p______ onto the bonfire (篝火) until the flames roared.
10. betty s______ the list of the names to see if hers was on it.
11. i feel a______ about forgetting my wife’s birthday.
12. the greek government d______ a state of emergency for the entire country on 26th aug,
XX after forest fires killed at least 41 people as they swept across the south of the country.