Unit 2 Healthy eating(Period 6 Using language: Speaking and writing)
2. have some students report their ideas and share with the whole class.
→step 3 speaking
1. let students to review the expressions of giving suggestions and advice. show them on the screen and have students read them aloud. make sure they understand them.
what should we do? shall we. . . ? how about. . . ?
you must/mustn’t. . . i think you ought to. . . perhaps you should. . .
you’d better. . . you need/needn’t. . . you have to/don’t have to. . .
my advice is/would be. . . you might. . . i suggest that you. . .
i would strongly advise you to. . . it might be a good idea to. . .
2. suppose the situation: imagine you are planning to open a restaurant which will provide the best local dishes in your area and a balanced diet. in groups discuss how to run the business.
3. give them enough time for their discussion and giving each other suggestions and advice.
4. ask as many students as possible to present their dialogues to the class.
→step 4 writing
ask students to write a short passage to advertise their restaurant and its service.
1. give them the following hints to help. show the following on the screen.
your writing should:
1)explain what kind of food will be offered in your restaurant
2)describe their ingredients, flavor, smell and appearance
3)explain how they will provide a balanced diet
4)explain why your restaurant will provide the best food in the area
5)explain how customers will be served
2. ask students to do their writing.
3. let some of them read their writing to the class. others should give comments.
→step 5 speaking task
1. ask students to read the following expressions aloud make sure they understand them.
i’m not sure that!
you could be right, but. . .
(i’m afraid)i don’t agree.
i agree up to a point, but. . .
that’s an interesting idea, but. . .
do you really think. . . ?
you can’t be serious!
actually, /as a matter of fact, i think. . .
that’s not how i see it.
2. let them turn to page 53 and read the directions. make sure they know what to do.
3. ask some groups to present their discussion to the class.
a: let’s vote for mcdonald’s. they are good for children and always provide a place for them to play in their restaurant. that’s a good idea. they are good value too and children love the chips there.
b: no, i don’t agree. look how fat some of the children in this town are! do we want all the children in this town to be fat when this never used to be a problem! please keep fatty food away from our children. let’s vote against this mcdonald’s.