unit 6 life in the future教案
1. talk about life in the future
2. practise making predictions
3. learn about noun clauses(2).
the first period
step 1.warming up
watch the pictures on the screen and tell what do you think the future life will be like.
3. business and money
4. the human body
6. house and buildings
ask students to imagine the future life in the fields above.
listen to the tape and answer questions.
1. ss finish the listening task on page 42
2. ss listen to the tape again and check the answers.
give the students some tips on how to improve listening while checking the ex.
1. make notes while listening;
2. grasp the most important information
step 3. speaking
twice as good or double trouble? work in pairs or groups to discuss. the year is 2089 and scientists have discovered how to make “double”, exact copies of a person that can do everything the original can do. the students are asked to decide whether the new technology should be used.
the following structures are helpful to students:
what will life be like in the future?
how will people….
where will people work….
it would be wonderful if …..
it would be bad for …. if…….
it’s possible/ impossible to …..
no one can predict what /when…
finish off the homework on wb, warming up part.
the second period
step 1.warming up
find as many words as the students can find about future lives.
2. following the steps of the warming-up on page 41.
discuss in groups about the following areas in the future:
communication/ housing/ transportation/ education/ hospital
step 2. pre-reading
1. show some pictures of highly-developped technology used in daily life.
2. group work: describe the pictures.
step 3. while-reading
1. scanning: ss read quickly and answer:
what is the passage about?
2. ss read and get the main ideas of each paragraph.
step 4. after-reading
comprehending by answering the following questions:
what are the advantages of future transportation, smart card, online shopping and e-schools?
what will happen in the field of health and medicine in the future?
why is it important to be lifelong learners?
what should we do to make sure we will have a bright future?
step 5. assignment
1. surf the internet and get more information about the topic..
2. find a few sentences in the passage which you like most, understand them entirely and then explain them to your deskmates.