单 元：unit 2 language
板 块：grammar and usage 2
1. to learn all noun clauses and help students judge different noun clauses;
2. to learn question words in noun clause;
3. to learn how to use it as an empty subject.
step 1 lead-in
i. go over the different noun clauses such as subject clause, object clause, predictive clause, and appositive clause.
1. you know that i am a teacher of english. (object clause)
2. that i am a teacher of english is known to you all. (subject clause)
3. it is known to you all that i am a teacher of english.(subject clause)
4. the fact that i am a teacher of english is known to you all. (appositive clause)
5. i am worried about whether you can do well in the exam. (object clause)
6. what i am worried about is whether you can do well in the exam.
(subject clause) (predictive clause)
ii. introduce all question words in noun clauses, such as what ,which, who ,whom, where, when, how, why, and whose. tell students to pay attention to the order of noun clauses and don’t leave out question words.
conjunctions of noun clauses:
连接词：that, whether, if, as if(as though)
连接代词：what, whatever, who, whoever,
whom, whose, which （作主语/宾语）
连接副词：when, where, how, why（作状语）
【设计说明】 因为这是语法名词性从句的second period，所以一开始先对上一单元语法的first period进行简单复习与回顾——名词性从句的种类及语法成分，然后对名词性从句的连词进行归类，过渡到本课内容——由疑问词引导的名词性从句。the teacher starts the lesson with a short introduction of herself. a competition is held to guess different careers. and the topic of ‘director’ is introduced.
step 2 noun clauses introduced by question words：
1）what was he doing ? his father was surprised.
what he was doing surprised his father.
subject clause 主语从句
2）what’s your first impression of him? i want to know.
i want to know what your first impression of him is.