：Unit4《Making the news》教案
：unit4《making the news》教案
一. 全模块教学目标 (teaching aims)
1. 能力目标 (ability aim)
enable the ss to recognize the variety of jobs there are in newspapers and what is needed to work in a newspaper office.
enable the ss to know what is needed to become a reporter and how to conduct an interview.
2.. 语言目标 (language aim)
occupation, update, submit, cover, concentrate on, inform, publish, polish, approve, acquire, accuse…of, so as to, scoop, deadline, depend on, ahead of, assess, demand, process
1) never will zhou yang forget his first assignment at the office of a popular english newspaper.
2) you’ll find your colleagues very eager to assist you, so you may be able to concentrate on photography later if you’re interested .
3) not only am i interested in photography, but i took an amateur course at university to update my skills.
4) only if you ask many questions will you acquire all the information you need to know.
5) we say a good journalist must have a good “nose” for a story.
6) meanwhile you have to prepare the next question depending on what the person says.
7) have you ever had a case where somebody accused your reporters of getting the wrong end of the stick?
8) perhaps i too will get a scoop!
aids: multimedia facilities, tape-recorder, photos, diagrams
二. 教学重难点 (teaching important points)
know what is needed to become a reporter and how to conduct an interview
master the use of inversion.
三. 教学方法 (teaching method)
fast reading; task-based method & discussion
四. 教学步骤 (teaching procedure)
step i check the homework and the recitation etc.
step ii finish off the text of reading on p26 and deal the language points,
vt. (经由努力而) 获得,学得 <知识、学问等
=to get by one's own efforts:
acquire proficiency in math. 在数学上达到熟练水平
acquire knowledge/ information, etc.
2．have a good nose for sth = have an eye for …/ have an ear for .. 有眼光/ 对..感兴趣
she has an ear for music .
a good reporter has a nose for news . 对……嗅觉灵敏
3．assess = make a judgement about a person or situation after thinking carefully about it
4． meanwhile adv = in the meanwhile / in the meantime / at the same time
5． skeptical = a. 怀疑的= tending to doubt or not believe what other people tell you
mary is sceptical about the solution. 玛丽对这个解决办法表示怀疑。
my assurances don't satisfy him: he's still sceptical.