1. i don’t like to m________ business with pleasure.
2. it suddenly o________ to me that i could use a computer to do the job.
3. he paused, a______ lost in thought.
4. this book is beautifully i________ with colour photographs.
5. the teacher said that your answer was by no m________ satisfactory.
6. s________ was abolished (废除) after the american civil war.
7. the m______ agreed to this decision and only a few were against it.
8. i________ means the process in which people enter a country in order to live permanently.
9. the wine contains a small p________ of alcohol.
10. he dived into research on william, the king of the english, also called william the c________.
11. when hitler came into power in germany, einstein, a jew, lost his german n________ . he became a man without a country.
12. the congress of r________ equality or core is a u.s. civil rights organization that played a important role in the civil rights movement from its foundation.
13. when we went out of the railway station, john told me to stay with the l________ while he found a taxi.
14. they developed a new partnership between local and c________ government.
15. research i________ that men find it easier to give up smoking than women.
16. i liked her coat and she liked mine, so we s________.
17. the truck used a c________ to pull the car.
18. it was icy, and people were s________ and sliding all along the street.
19. they i________ a tube in his mouth to help him breathe.
20. what was his r________ to our suggestion?
1. human c________ is the creation of a genetically identical copy of a human being, human cell, or human tissue.
2. at least he was quite s________ about it; you can’t say he was trying to take you in.
3. the tv show was interrupted by too many c________.
4. the other day johnson u________ to pay the money back within six months.
5. i strongly o________ to being treated like a child.
6. video is a good m______ for practising listening to a foreign language.
7. the ball i________ against the bat with a loud noise.
8. he thinks that it is not m________ a job, but a way of life.
9. i didn’t know anything about any of the books so my choice was quite a________.
10. he isn’t legally responsible for his nephew, but he feels he has a m________ responsibility to help him.
11. it’s a long way to go to f________ smoking all over the world.
12. premier zhou returned to work s________ after his operation.
13. his theory is just a________ resting on no scientific basis.