The Qin Tomb and the Terracotta Warriors教案
the qin tomb and the terracotta warriors教案
the qin tomb and the terracotta warriors
第一课时：introduction，presentation skill, cultural corner
第二课时：reading and vocabulary（1）
第三课时：reading and vocabulary(2),
iii. learning strategy:
1. cognitive strategy (认知策略)
2. monitoring strategy（调控策略）
3. communication strategy（交际策略）
4. resource strategy （资源策略）
content: introduction，presentation skill, cultural corner
step 1: look at the picture and discuss the questions. use the words in the box to help you.
army battle clay column emperor expression hairstyle soldier tomb underground uniform
1. which emperor of ancient china ordered these terracotta warriors to be made?
emperor qin shihuang
2. where were the terracotta warriors discovered?
1.5 km away from his tomb.
3. what are the warriors doing?
standing like an army ready for battle.
4. are all the warriors identical?
no, they are all different from each other.
5. why do you think the emperor built the terracotta warriors?
step 2: put the dynasties of ancient china in the correct order.
1. zhou dynasty
2. han dynasty
3. three kingdoms, jin, southern and northern dynasties
4. sui dynasty
5. qin dynasty
6. tang dynasty
答案: 1, 5, 2, 3, 4, 6
step 3: answer the questions.
1. during which dynasties were there many wars?
three kingdoms, jim, southern and northern dynasties
2. during which dynasty was the great wall first built?
3. during which dynasty did china first become one country?
4. during which dynasty was the grand canal first established?
5. during which dynasty was china most powerful?
step 4: pair work
can you think of more questions about the dynasties of ancient china? having a talk with your partner.