1. be tough-minded， but tender-hearted， ______？
a. will you b. isn’t it c. aren’t you d. are you
2. —i telephoned him twice and i couldn’t get through to his home.
—i think that the line might have been out of order， ______？
a. don’t you b. do you c. wasn’t it d. hadn’t it
3. he seldom comes here now， ______？
a. doesn’t he b. seldom he c. do he d. does he
4. the news that they failed their driving test discouraged him， ______？
a. did they b. didn’t they c. did it d. didn’t it
5. ______ the boy is to learn to talk.
a. how slow b. how slowly c. what a slow d. what a slow way
6. ______ different life today is ______ what it was 30 years ago.
a. how； from b. what a； from c. what； from d. how； with
7. — what sport do you like best？
—springboard diving. _______ to dive into water from high board！
a. what a fun is it b. how fun it is c. how a fun is it d. what fun it is
8. you will find what great benefit the computer you own can be______ each time you use it to help you work.
a. for b. of c. at d. on