1.---hello, could i speak to mr. smith?
---sorry, wrong number. there isn't______ mr. smith here.
2. i know you don't like _______ music very much. but what do you think of _______ music in the
film we saw yesterday?
3. --- i knocked over my coffee cup. it went right over ______ keyboard.
--- you shouldn't put drinks near ________ computer.
4. of all _______ reasons for my decision to become a university professor, my father's advice was
_______ most important one.
5. according to _________world health organization, health care plans are needed in all big cities to
prevent _________ spread of aids.
6.. for him ____ stage is just ___ means of making a living.
7. i think it really _______ honor for me to speak here..
8. this lab used to be in _______ charge of mr. wang.
9 i know there is ______ mr. smith next door, who has gone on ________ business.
10 he devotes most of his time to _______ football. and i am sure he promises ________ excellent
11 don’t lose heart. please have ______ second try.
12 those who are rich should help ______ poor.
13 when stealing the thief was caught by ______ arm by a policeman.
14 in some factories workers get paid by ______ piece.
15 it is a bad habit to go to work without ______ breakfast.
16 john is _______ university student from ______ european country.
17 teachers play _______ active and important part in building up students’ character.
18 _______ zhangs live on the second floor.
19 cotton is grown in _______ north of china.
20 it is known to us all that _______ light travels faster than _______ sound.
21 a tower is seen in _______ distance.
22in case of fire please press _______ red button.
23 shenzhen has ________ population of more than 10 million.
24_______ days i spent with catherine in beijing were so wonderful.
25a bullet hit the solider and he was wounded in ______ leg.
26he loved writing and his first novel was ______ great success when it came out.
27 my brother was born in _______ spring of 1990.
28 mr. smith is ______ most learned scholar and you can turn to him for help.
29 how sweetly she sings! i have never heard _______ better voice.
30 beijing is ______ second largest city in china.
31 my trip to tibet was really ________ unforgettable experience.
32 this watch is _______ 18th century watch, which has been passed down from my great grandpa.