1.the wheat doesn’t grow in the south, because the c________ and soil aren’t suitable for its growth.
2.many european countries are developed i_____________ nations.
3.the p___________air and water can explain the main reason why the i__________here are getting ill one by one.
4.which subject is the most a____________to you,lily?
5.one of her g____________is to get a gold prize in the XX olympic games.
6.the experts didn’t agree on the l_____________of the new chemical plant.
7.the earth is so tiny compared to the v____________universe.
8.the railway under c_____________now connects hainan and beijing.
9.she spent a h____________amount of money on that coat.
10.the government is making efforts to r__________ the traffic noises in order to let citizens have a quiet sleep.
（1）she goes out in all ________.
（2）the ________of our country is mild, but individual places experience bad weather.
（3）a drier ________would be good for your health.
（4）what is the ________like today？
（5）in hong kong people seldom wear galoshes（橡胶套鞋） in wet ________.
（1）more and more people are realizing the prevention of heart ________is more important than the treatment.
（2）my brother is often absent from work because of ________.
（3）he contracted a ________（malaria） during the war and has recurrent attacks.
（4）the main causes of cancer and other ________are still unknown.
（5）the scientists have been able to cure the ________such as sars,bird flu,etc.
2. similarity--- (adj.)相似的________ --- (adv.) ________
3. unfortunate--- (adv.) ________---（反义词）幸运地(adv.) ________
4. location--- (v.)确定---的地点;把---设置在________
5. transport ---(n.) 交通________
6. industrial ---(n.) 工业________
7. entertainment ---(adj.) 有趣的，使人愉快的________--- (vt.)使得到娱乐________
8. exchange--- (adj.)可交换的，可兑换的________
9. tour ---(n.)旅游业________
10. crowded---( n.)人群________
11. polluted--- (vt.) 污染________--- (n.)污染________
12. poor---( n.) 贫穷________
1. at the top of
2. at the bottom of
3. make effort
4. be connected with
5. be close to
6. up to
7. make progress
8. make sure
9. reduce to
10. increase by
21. many world leaders ____ to reduce poverty and help the poor live better at the conference of the united nations.