period 7 writing
this is the seventh teaching period of this unit. the teacher can first check the homework and review what they learned in the last lesson.
the emphasis of this period is laid on developing the students’ writing ability. first summarize the brainstorming way of preparing oneself before writing, let the students know how to make a brainstorming map, and then ask them to make one on the topic question:how can learning english help china in the future? this is one of the best ways for students to prepare what they want to say before they begin to write.
making a poster is also very useful for students to collect ideas and sentences before writing. make one on china’s future lies in learning english.
after the two steps above, the teacher can let the students write a short passage titled “should we learn english? ” according to the brainstorming map on the top of page 15 and the poster they makes in step 4, they can decide the structure of the passage should be as follows:state your points of view; show the supporting reasons; get a conclusion. then, show students some connecting words which can help them to join the sentences and paragraphs. they will write a good passage.
as for writing task on page 53 in the workbook, it can be done as homework. the teacher can model this writing task by sharing his own learning experiences. in essence, it is an effort to help students organize their self-reflection.
教学重点 develop the students’ writing ability by making a brainstorming map and a poster.
get the students to learn to use connecting words or sentences properly to arrange sentences correctly.
教学方法 brainstorming and cooperative-learning
教具准备 a projector and other normal teaching tools
1. get the students to learn the brainstorming way.
2. get the students to learn to make a poster.
3. get the students to learn some connecting words and sentences.
1. develop the students’ writing ability.
2. get the students to learn to collect useful ideas and sentences by using the brainstorming way or making a poster.
3. get the students to learn to arrange ideas and sentences collected properly into an essay or passage.
enable the students to master writing skills and write excellent articles.
→step 1 revision
1. check the homework exercises.
2. get two pairs of students to make dialogues about asking directions using requests.
→step 2 presentation