News media（The Fourth Period）
the fourth period
1. learn and master the following words: citizen, polluter, arm, update
2. review the use of the past participle.
3. train the students' integrating skills, especially the writing skill.
4. learn more about reporters and news reports.
teaching important points:
1. train the students' integrating skills.
2. help the students write a comparison paragraph between two kinds of news media
teaching difficult point:
.how to write a better comparison paragraph.
1. asking-and-answering activity to check the students' understanding of the two reports.
2. review method to consolidate the use of the past participle as attribute and predicative.
3. individual, pair or group work to finish each task.
1. a tape recorder
2. a projector
3. the blackboard
step i greetings
greet the whole class as usual.
step ii revision and lead-in
t: yesterday, we learned the use of the past participle as attribute and predicative. now let's have a revision by doing an exercise on the screen
complete each sentence using the right form of the verb in brackets.
1. i had nothing to do. i was (bore) and lonely.
2. jack looked even more (amaze) than he felt.
3. the results were very (disappoint).
4. i was thanked by the (satisfy) customer.
5. the girl (dress).in red is my daughter.
6. last monday our class went on an (organise) trip.
(teacher asks some students to do it. one student, one sentence. meanwhile, check their answers with the whole class.)
1. bored 2. amazed
3. disappointing 4. satisfied
5. dressed 6. organised
t: besides, we've learned a lot about news media and reporters. tell me which words in the text help us understand the life of a reporter.
ss: record, report, interview, write, reflect, truthfully…
t: yes. a reporter must do some interviews, write articles, and record and report events. the basic task for a reporter is to report and reflect events and opinions truthfully. is that so?
step ⅲ presentation
t: today, we're going to learn more about the work of reporters. first, we'll read two reports of the same event. then we'll write a comparision paragraph. now, let's learn the new words in this