module 5 a trip along the three gorges
learning paper 4 exercise
1. the house insurance will not cover your personal _______(物品)
2. here the river ______ （变狭窄）down to five or six metres.
3. you should keep your d__________ from the fierce dog.
4. the law f____ the sale of cigarettes to people under the age of 16.
5. early explorers ____________(交易) directly with the indians.
6. i get a k_______ out of driving fast cars while my brother gets his kick from skiing.
7. he stood s_________ by an eager crowd of listeners.
8. i’ve met the president ---at l_______, he shook my hand once.
9. the police were called and they were on the __________(现场) within three minutes.
10. all the bridges over the thames offer fine ___________.(景色)
ii. best choice
1. –may i smoke here?
--if you ________, choose a seat in the smoking section.
a. should b. could c. may d. must
2. tom, you ________ leave all your clothes on the floor like this!
a. wouldn’t b. mustn’t c. needn’t d. may not
3. he ________ have completed his work; otherwise, he wouldn’t be enjoying himself by the seaside.
a. should b. must c. wouldn’t d. can’t
4. – isn’t that ann’s husband over there?
--no, it _________ be him--- i’m sure he doesn’t wear glasses.
a. can’t b. must not c. won’t d. may not
5. ---do you mind my picking a flower in the garden?
a. yes, please b. no, go ahead
c. yes, you need d. no, you mustn’t
6. ---did you visit the zoo?
---no, we __ have visited it, but we spent too much time shopping.
a. shouldn’t b. can’t c. couldn’t d. must
7. why didn’t you make me a telephone call yesterday? i __ about it.
a. should be told b. ought to have been told
c. should have told d. ought to be told
8. you __________ all those clothes! we have a washing machine to do that sort of thing.