unit 3 looking good, feeling good period2学案
m1u3 period2 dying to be thin
1. to get further understanding of the whole text
2. to learn to use some important words and phrases properly
3. to use the new words and phrases in the daily life.
important and difficult points:
1. to learn to use some important words and phrases properly
2. to realize the importance of health and how to lose weight correctly
3..to discuss the topic of health and losing weight by using the words and phrases we have learned.
step 1. revision
1. the teacher asks students to answer the questions to present the topic.
2. students get clear understanding of the passage by filling in the blanks.
step 2. language points
1. learn the following language points
1). dying to be thin…
2). i used to go to the gym three times a week, but i don’t work out anymore.
3). every woman wants a slim figure these days.
4). i ‘m trying to lose weight because i’ m so ashamed of my body.
5). i’m now in hospital recovering from liver failure.
6). they contain a harmful chemical that caused my liver to fail.
7). it isn’t worth it.
8). we shouldn’t be embarrassed about our weight.
9). many people are always going on diets or taking weight-loss pills.
2. use the methods below to learn these language points
1). give students the context to let them summarize the usage and differences of the words and phrases.
2). set up real-life situations to help students use what they learned
step 3. consolidation
give different kinds of exercises to help students grasp the use of the words and phrases.
step 4. homework
1. make up a dialogue about health and losing weight by using the words and phrases we have learned.
2. review the language points we have learned..
a. fill in the blanks.
amy (1)_____________go to the gym to (2) _____________.every woman wants to have a slim (3)________.since amy felt (4)__________ of her body, she took some weight-loss pills. these pills really (5)_______.a month later, however, amy was in hospital (6)_______________ liver (7)_______.she (8)_________taking those pills. luckily li dong in china was an exact (9)_________for her. he (10)________more than half of his liver to save amy. the (11 )__________to stay slim is a big problem, and some people who are not overweight at all are going on (12)_______.health is the most important thing in our lives. don’t (13)________ our health just for looking good . it is not (14) __________it. we shouldn’t be (15)_____________ about our weight.