unit 1 the world of our sense welcome to the unit---教案
1. encourage students to practice speaking english more
2. arose their interest in learning this unit through activities.
3. let them know the importance of senses and hold the correct attitude towards the people who lose one of theirs senses
encourage the students to share their opinions by fully participating in the discussion in order to realize how they and other people use their senses in their studies and daily life.
with what can we see and hear?
how can we know whether a dish is
how can we know that a flower has a
what do we do when we want to know
whether the water in the basin is hot or cold?
how do we know about the world around us?
the five senses are:
the sense of sight , the sense of hearing , the sense of taste , the sense of smell and the sense of touch.
they enable us to know the world around us.
fill in the blanks
we do with the sense
see eyes sight
hear ears hearing
taste tongue/ taste buds taste
smell nose smell
touch/ feel hands/feet/skin touch
step 2: dealing with the short passage on the text(page1)
do you know how blind people can read?
they can read by touching raised dots which represent numbers and letters. this system is called
write the words “blind” and “deaf” on the blackboard.
write “braille”on the blackboard.
look at the four pictures and answer the question below each picture
• what can you see in this picture?
• how would you judge the length of the two lines?
• how can you prove that the two lines are straight?
• can the symbols be read in only one way?
• why are people misled by their own eyes.
• picture 1
• if they look at the white part, you can see a vase,if you look at the black part, they can see two faces.
• you can use two pieces of paper to cover both ends of the two lines
• they can place a ruler next to the line. they can also use a ruler draw more straight lines which run parallel to the two lines.
• k b r m, or k,13,r,m
step 3: sharing information and observation
show ss some pictures