unit 9 when was it invented?
1．学会使用含有被动语态的不同句型结构“when/ where was it invented?” 和“what are they used for?--- they are used for doing sth..”来谈论各种发明物的历史。
1. --- when was the car invented？
---it was invented in 1985.
2. ---when were electric slippers invented？
---they were invented last year.
3. ---who were they invented by？
---they were invented by julie thompson.
4. ---what are they used for？
---they’re used for seeing in the dark.
１.. be used for 被用来做…
what is the book used for? 书是用来做什么的？
the book is used for reading. 书是用来读的
the plane is used for traveling. 飞机是用来旅行的
２.be used to doing sth 习惯于做某事．
3. according to 根据，按照
4. in this way 这样
5. give sb. some time to do sths 给某人一些时间做某事.
the teacher gives the student two hours to do homework. 老师给同学们两个小时做作业。
6. help sb. do sth. 帮助某人做某事
i’ll help you leave the island. 我将帮助你离开岛屿。
7. by accident 偶然的
by mistake 错误的
8. fall into 落入，陷入
9. in the end= at last=finally 最后
10. make sb. adj. 使某人…
make me happy 使我开心
11. sb. called\named … 被叫作，被称作
a chef called black. 一个叫布莱克的厨师
a doctor named amy 一个叫艾米的医生
12. sprinkle a lot of salt on chips 在薯片上洒大量的盐
13. decide to do sth. 决定做某事
i decide to taste the hot tea 我决定品尝热茶。
14. not…until 直到…才
you can’t leave until i arrive. 直到我到了你才能走。
i can’t watch tv until i finish my home work. 直到我完成作业，我才能看电视。
15. be discovered in 年代
be discovered in 地方
the tea was discovered in china in 1610. 茶是在16XX年在中国被发现的。
16. over three thousand years 三千年以上
17. produce a pleasant smell 产生一股令人愉快的气味
18. over an open fire. 在明火上
19. in sixth century 在第六世纪
in nineteenth century. 在十九世纪
1.i think the telephone was invented before the car.我认为电话在汽车之前发明的.
(1) i think 后接的一个分句做i think 的宾语,这个分句称叫做宾语从句.