Where did you go on your vacation（第二课时）
unit 10 where did you go on your vacation?
ⅰteaching aims and demands
1. knowledge objects
2. ability object
train students’ listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
train students’ communicative competence.
3. moral object
ⅱ. teaching key points
the key vocabulary.
the target language.
ⅲ. teaching difficulties
train students’ reading and writing skills.
write a travel diary.
complete a questionnaire and make a survey.
ⅳ. teaching methods
listening, reading, writing and speaking methods.
ⅴ. teaching aids
ⅵ. teaching procedures
greet the class as usual.
check the homework.
stepⅱ 1a 1b
1. point out the numbered list of words in the box. read them and have students repeat several times.
2. ask, which words are happy words and which are unhappy ones? please put them in the correct blanks.
stepⅲ 2a 2b
1. listen to a conversation. vera is talking about her vacation. please listen and answer the question.
2. play the same recording again. you are to listen and write down the answers to these things.
student a is vera’s friend and student b is vera. get student to role play the conversation in pairs.
stepⅴ 3a 3b
1. read the diaries carefully by yourselves. circle the good things about the vacation and underline the bad things.
2. imagine you are an american student on vacation in beijing. please write a travel diary.
place students into groups of five. imagine you are all foreigners on vacation in china. take turns telling what you did on your vacation.
stepⅶ self-check 1 2 3
1. ask students to check all the words they know.
2. ask students to write five new words in their vocab-builder.
3. help students to make up questions about the topics in the form. write the questions on a piece of paper.
summary the target language we’ve learned in this class.
choose the most interesting place you have ever been to and write a travel diary.