unit 1 my name’s gina
introduce themselves, greet people, ask for and give telephone.
use hello, hi. introduce themselves. the number0-9.
present tense to be. what question. possessive adjectives my, your, his, her.
personal names, numbers 0-9. phone number, first name, last name, hi, hello
what’s your name? my name is… i’m gina. nice to meet you. what’s your phone number? it’s…
practicing. listening for specific information.
step 1 revision
revise the words and the sentences: what’s this in english?”
teach new words and then let them read.
step 2 pairwork
greet people and introduce yourself
step 3. presentation
1. look at the picture p1-1a, listen to the conversations.
2. do p1-1b.
3. listen and repeat the conversations.
4. pairwork. do p1-1c.
practise the conversations.
use: my name is…
i want to be your good friend
step 4 listening
1. look at the picture p2-2a. listen to the conversations.
2. do p2-2a
3. teach the class to read the names.
4. do p2-2b.
step 5 presentation
1. using gestures and models, help the class to understand the sentences:
my name is…= i am
her name is…
his name is…
2. pairwork do p2-2c
3. groupwork. do p3-4
step 6 grammar focus
1.let the students read and ask any questions.
2. teach them how to write the sentences.
step 1. revision
1.revise the words p1-p2.
2.groupwork: play the name game,p3-4
3.teach the new words p3, p5
step 2. presentation
i. show a photo of cheng long.
t: who is this? s: it’s chenglong
what’s his name? his name is chenglong.
what’s his english name? his english name is jacky cheng.
2. name first name(given name) last name (family name)
cheng long long cheng
jacky cheng jacky cheng
4. cheng long. his first name is long. his last name is cheng.
jacky cheng. his first name is jacky. his last name is cheng.
ii. show a photo of mine.
who is this? my first name is… my last name is…
what’s your/his/her name?
what’s your/his/her first/last name?
iv. report: self-introduction
my name is… my first name is…and my last name is…
i want to be your good friend.
1. do p3-3a, 3b
2. give yourself and english name the report
my english name is… my first name is…and my last name is…
3. do p5-3a
step 4 homework
make a id card.
step 1. revision
what’s your first/last name?
tell us your personal information
step 2 words
groupwork: read the numbers.