教学案例Unit 5 what would you like?
一、教学内容：unit 5 what would you like?a let’s learn let’s play c let’s draw
1) can listen, read and recognize the new words: rice, noodles, fish, beef, soup, vegetables.
2) can be familiar with the sentence pattern: what would you like for dinner? i’d like some......
三、学情分析：the students who are in grade four of primary school have learned english just for one year, so their foreign language knowledge is very limit. but they can listen, read, and recognize some simple words. most of the students are interested in studying english.
1) can listen, read and recognize the words: rice, noodles, fish, beef, soup, vegetables.
2) can read the word “vegetable” correctly.
五、教具准备：the tape recorder and some pictures.
step one: worm- up
listen to the tape, and have the students read and sing the chant of “shoe me the hamburger”, “pour the water”.
step two: leading-in
1) the teacher makes a daily dialogue with the students:
t: i’m hungry. let’s eat something. do you like chicken?
s: yes, i do.\ no, don’t.
t: what do you like?
s: i like......
2) do a game of quick memory: the teacher show a picture which the students have learned, then have the students say the word quickly, the teacher will give the picture to the student who said correct word.
step three: presentation
1) the teacher pretends to be hungry and says: “i’m hungry. can i have some rice, please?”
2) the students understand its mean, the teacher asks one student takes out the picture of rice to the teacher, and then the teacher says: “thank you.”
3) the teacher sticks the picture of “rice” to the board, writes down the word of “rice” under the picture, and then have the students read the word after him\ her. finally, have the students do the chain work to read “rice”.
4) teach the other words with the same method.
5) pay attention to the pronunciation of “vegetable”.
6) listen to tape, and read the words.
7) then the teacher has the students practice:
a: i’m hungry. can i have some......, please?
b: sure. here you are.
step four: consolidation and extension
1) the teacher plays as a consumer, and has a student play as a server, then practice the dialogue: “can i have some....., please? sure. here you are.”
2) three or four person a group and practice this dialogue.
3) the teacher indicates the pictures on the board, and asks: “what would you like for dinner?” have the students say: ‘i’d like...and...”
4) have the students draw the menu of their own.
do the exercises on page 36of activity book.