unit 1 good friends
1. complete simple tasks following a series of instructions
2. relate personal experience and opinions with the help of the teacher
3. understand and explain information provided in tables and graphs
1. what do you do in your spare time ?
2. i like playing the piano .
3. allan likes fishing .
4. he doesn’t like shopping .
5. what are your favorite hobbies ?
fish, play the piano, play chess, shop , have a picnic , listen to cds
a. it’s the weekend. what do the children want to do with their friends ? look , listen and act .
1. bring in some pictures of people doing things that make them happy .
2. ( books closed )show the students the pictures like fishing , shopping , ect. ask the students what are these people doing ? encourage the students to answer like this : he is fishing . she is listening to cds. and practice other sentences .
3. write the verbs for the activities .ask the students what do you want to do this weekend ?
4. show tranaparency. play the tape .and ask the students to repeat after it .
1. show tranaparency. point to the people on the page and revise or teach the verbs and the places .
2. read aloud or play the tape . ask the students to repeat the words after you .
5. ask the students to take turns or work in pairs to ask each other and answer about what they want to do .
b1 tim received a letter from his new pen friend . read the letter and complete tim’s notes.
1. photocopy the letter , put it in an envelope addressed to tim .
2. show the students the envelope . ask them to guess what is inside .
3. repeat the name on the envelope .tell the students it is from tim’s pen friend .
1. show transparency. point out to the students that when sb likes a hobby or an activity and often does it , we put –ing on the verb , e.g. allan likes playing the piano . i like swimming . he likes reading . etc.
2. tell the students to read the letter again .ask them to complete tim’s note about allan’s hobbies by writing likes or doesn’t like next to each of the activities .
3. check the answers with the students .
4. ask the students to work in pairs and take turns to make sentences using the notes to check if they have the same answers .
b2 the students are talking about what they like doing in their spare time . listen ,say and act .